Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Qick and Easy "healthier" version of Ramen Noodles

A "healthier" version of "ramen-style noodles"
I am always looking for "healthy" or at least "healthier" versions of some of the common dishes we like.

Using the Annie Chun brown rice noodle you get whole grain brown rice and no gluten.  The box of noodles will be at least 4 servings, which you can divide before using.  You can use any broth that you please, but I chose the Trader Joe's chicken broth because it has reduced sodium, comes in a liquid packet, and tastes pretty good. 

The brown rice noodles can be added to the broth as you begin to cook.  It takes very little time to hydrate the noodles...if they are not quite done, pull off the fire and let them sit a little.  The noodles are quite fine...meaning very thin.  If you want a thicker noodle, not so quick to cook, you can use the pad thai noodles.  I think you need to soak those first, though. 

As always, I am not paid by any company or product I recommend, all my recommendations are based solely on my own opinion and experiences. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment